Imposition Wizard Installation
Imposition Wizard works as a standalone application and as Adobe Acrobat plugin. Both modes are provided by the same bundle that you can download using the Download button at the top right corner of the page.
Installing the Software
Make sure you quit both Adobe Acrobat and Imposition Wizard before you install, update or uninstall the software. Leaving the software running while installing or uninstalling it may fail the process.
Installing on Mac OS
Once the DMG file is downloaded, click it to open in Finder, then drag the Imposition Wizard icon into your Applications folder and run Imposition Wizard from there.
Installing on Windows
Once the installer is downloaded, double–click it to start the installation. The process is straightforward and once it is done, run Imposition Wizard from the Start menu.
Installing Imposition Wizard for Acrobat
Make sure you quit Acrobat before installing or uninstalling the plugin. Then run Imposition Wizard and click the button at the bottom of the startup window:
You will see the list of Adobe Acrobat applications where you can select the ones you want to install the plugin to. Do this by clicking check–boxes at the right, then click Update Installation to continue.
In order to install the plugin, Imposition Wizard needs extra privileges to modify your Acrobat installation. At this step you will need to grant Imposition Wizard access to your computer. You may be asked for your password by the system, please provide that.
Once done, you will see the confirmation that the plugin has been installed:
Now you can quit Imposition Wizard and run it from Adobe Acrobat.
Updating Imposition Wizard
To update Imposition Wizard, simply download the latest version using the Download button at the top right corner of the page, then quit both Imposition Wizard and Adobe Acrobat and follow the installation steps above.
Uninstalling Imposition Wizard
You uninstall Imposition Wizard as any other software in your system. The only extra step may be required if you installed Imposition Wizard as an Acrobat plugin.
Uninstalling the Plugin
Before uninstalling the plugin, make sure you quit Adobe Acrobat first.
Run Imposition Wizard and follow the steps above for the plugin installation, but this time uncheck all the Acrobats in the list. Then run through the process, so Imposition Wizard can remove its plugins from your Acrobat copies. Make sure you provided the system access when asked. Once done, it is safe to remove Imposition Wizard itself.
Uninstalling the Software
To uninstall Imposition Wizard, make sure it is not running. Also quit Adobe Acrobat, if it is running.
- On Mac you simply drag the application icon into the bin as any other Mac application;
- On Windows you open Start menu and type Programs and Features to see the list of installed applications. Locate Imposition Wizard 3 there, select it and click Uninstall to remove the software.
More Imposition Wizard Tutorials
- Installation — how to install Imposition Wizard;
- License Activation — how to activate Imposition Wizard with a license key;
- Acrobat Plugin Problems — what to do if the plugin doesn’t work.
- User Interface — how to run Imposition Wizard and make the first steps;
- Pages Grid — how pages are placed across the sheets in Imposition Wizard;
- Presets — how to save and re–use imposition layouts.
- N–Up — a very simple, yet customizable layout;
- Step and Repeat — perfect layout for business cards;
- Cut Stack — flexible layout with pages flow options;
- Booklet — lots of options for fine–tuning the imposition process;
- Shuffle — manual imposition mode where you control the flow.
- Source Panel — overriding trim box and bleeds, pages scaling;
- Page Gaps — configuring gaps between pages;
- Sheet Panel — output sheet size, content position and more;
- Duplex Printing — duplex printing support;
- Registration Marks — adding and configuring marks, custom texts etc.
- Angle Mark — angle mark for image drift compensation;
- Barcode — encoding job details with barcodes;
- Bull Eye — placing bull eye marks around the pages;
- Color Bar — adding color bars to imposed files;
- Crop Marks — configuring crop marks for easier trimming;
- Custom Mark — adding ad–hoc graphics where needed;
- Custom Text — adding text elements with imposition details;
- Gap Crop Marks — adding crop marks in the middle of the page gaps;
- Star Target — placing star target marks around the pages;
- Trim Line — marking page boundaries to simplify trimming;