Duplex Printing in Imposition Wizard
Imposition Wizard can work both in single–sided and duplex printing modes. In duplex mode it automatically adjusts pages grids and layout, so the backs match fronts.
Let’s start with a simple 2x3 6–Up imposition, manually set to the top left corner of the sheet:
In this mode Imposition Wizard processes every second sheet as yet another sheet, not the backside of the previous one. So you see that on all the sheets the pages are located at the top left corner and the page numbers run straight from sheet to sheet.
This is absolutely fine if you want to print just one side of each sheet.
Now turn the duplex mode on, leaving all the other settings as is:
Once the duplex mode is enabled, Imposition Wizard does two extra things:
- It makes every second sheet the backside of the previous one, so it places the grid to the opposite side of the sheet, to the right;
- It updates the pages flow, so every second page is now placed exactly at the back of the previous one, grouping them together.
This way Imposition Wizard makes sure that if the document is printed in duplex mode, its odd/even pages will be at the same place on the sheet and after cutting them you’ll get fronts and backs perfectly matched.
Duplex Mode Extras
There are some extra options available in duplex mode that affect the backside of sheets. The first option is Flip backside that does exactly that:
The second option lets you shift the backside horizontally and vertically to a given amount:
This is used to compensate possible printer errors, so front and back printed on the same sheet match better.
More Imposition Wizard Tutorials
- Installation — how to install Imposition Wizard;
- License Activation — how to activate Imposition Wizard with a license key.
- User Interface — how to run Imposition Wizard and make the first steps;
- Pages Grid — how pages are placed across the sheets in Imposition Wizard;
- Presets — how to save and re–use imposition layouts.
- N–Up — a very simple, yet customizable layout;
- Step and Repeat — perfect layout for business cards;
- Cut Stack — flexible layout with pages flow options;
- Booklet — lots of options for fine–tuning the imposition process;
- Shuffle — manual imposition mode where you control the flow.
- Source Panel — overriding trim box and bleeds, pages scaling;
- Page Gaps — configuring gaps between pages;
- Sheet Panel — output sheet size, content position and more;
- Duplex Printing — duplex printing support;
- Registration Marks — adding marks, custom texts etc.
- Basic Imposition — a basic example of how to impose using command line.